Monday, June 6, 2011

Hello, Dachshund World!

     It has occurred to me that I might have something to say to the world of MiniatureDachshund lovers everywhere.  Of course, it is up to those of you who fall into that category to make that decision as to whether or not you might enjoy reading about our little short legged, long bodied friends.
     I began breeding Miniature Dachshunds about seven years ago.  Until then, I was simply a dog lover, like most people. I've always found it strange to find people who don't like dogs.  Who wouldn't like dogs?  And a puppy?  Yes, puppies are the best!  Well, an old dog is very cool in his own way, too.
     There is a certain dignity about dogs, don't you think?  Especially when you get to know one personally.  I have been privileged to know many dogs so far in my life.  I currently share my time with several Miniature Dachshunds.  These little ones are also known as Doxies, and Wiener Dogs.
     On these pages I will be giving you updates on the escapades of Popeye, Missy, and Roadie, among others.  I also hope to be able to pass along some tips, ideas for training, food choices, and care of these canine friends.
      Right now as I type, Popeye is worried about his treat that he expects this time of day.  He's had his dinner, and has been patiently watching every move I make.  Popeye is a black and tan miniature doxie who has never had a clue that he is a dog.  He has one of those perpetual motion tails.  Many times he will be wagging his tail, and looking at me for no apparent reason.  He is so much fun. 
     I hope you stop by often and see what is going on here.  My kennel is Dogwood Dachshunds, and you can see it at www.dogwooddachshunds.com.  Please leave a comment or question.  I will do my best to answer question and offer any help and advice I can on your life with dogs.  Especially our beloved Miniature Dachshunds!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment